All Relaxellent massage services are provided by a male masseur only.
The Polynesian Floor Massage is one of the Kahuna (Hawaiian) massage principles. The massage is conducted entirely clothed and as it is performed on the floor, it provides great advantages to the recipient thanks to the masseur having a greater range of motion.
During the massage you’ll notice that our masseur, George, is able to gain far greater access to your body’s side muscles along with improved access to your joints.
Taking into account the far greater range of motion that a Polynesian Floor Massage provides, you can expect a far more gratifying experience than many other massages. Your masseur will be able to reach almost all of your muscles and pain points with ease and that means they are able to work on them for far longer without becoming fatigued.
A few of the major benefits of a Polynesian Floor Massage include:
- Full 360-degree rotation of joints.
- Gentle stretching of joints from different and varied angles.
- Bi-lateral stretching of two joints at once (eg: stretching of both arms simultaneously).
- Deep pressure to muscles directly from the top for greater depth and therapeutic benefit.
- Slow movements that progress from toe to head.
- Gentle stretching combined with firm, slow muscle massage calms and stills the mind, leading to reduced stress and an increased sense of wellbeing.
- Significant reduction in various muscle and joint pain from the loosening effects of targeted stretching of joints, and deep muscle massage.
- Ongoing treatments lead to increased flexibility of ligaments, providing maintenance for ongoing pain relief and protection against injuries.
- Enhanced muscle tone and improved strength as a result of the resistance work of working with your therapist.
- Flushes toxins from the lymph system – similar to a lymphatic massage.
- The relaxation inducing aspect improves sleep.
A Polynesian Floor Massage as a ‘Starter Massage’
Although the Polynesian Floor Massage is an entire treatment on its own, it’s also one of the best ways to prepare for a more intensive oil massage. Once your Polynesian Floor Massage is complete, your muscles will be warmed up and you’ll be either ready to relax and go on with your day – or continue with another specialised massage.
All clients should consider moving on to a Kahuna Massage, Reiki or Indian Head Massage directly after their floor massage, simply because of how great they pair together. However, if you’re looking for a massage that targets stiff muscles, joint pain, stress or knots, then it’s certainly the best option to follow on with an IASTM Massage.
You have so many choices and it’s all up to you.
Customising the Polynesian Floor Massage
We understand that not everyone has the same muscle issues and they may want to customise their massage to focus on a certain part of their back, legs or anywhere else on the body. We give our clients the ability to build their own massage. If you’d like extra time spent on your upper back, lower back, shoulders and more, simply let your masseur know.
Let’s take a look below at an example of a customised massage.
You can request the use of certain tools, motions and even the length of time spent on those movements. Below we’ve listed a brief outline of a customised massage.
- 10 minutes with an electrical massager to prepare muscles and soothe the nerves
- 15 minutes Intensive-Deep Massage + IASTM on the lower back
- 15 minutes Intensive-Deep Massage + IASTM on the upper back
- 1 hour Kahuna Lomi Lomi massage to significantly relax the nervous system
- 10 minutes Indian head massage + trigger point therapy for headaches
- 10 minutes Reiki and/or electrical massager to finish.
Let’s Get Started
If you like the look of the Polynesian Floor Massage as a treatment in itself or a starter massage, then you’ll be glad to know our massage services extend from Shepparton to the surrounding areas of Echuca, Benalla, Kyabram, Wangaratta, Cobram and Bendigo.